Ok guys, new year, new start, so I’m abandoning this word press blog for the time being and will be posting tonnes of fresh stuff on my tumblr blog from now on. Please check it out at dastardlyrocks.tumblr.com and thanks for supporting my ramblings so far.
Even though I secured my tickets two days ago I am celebrating The Boss touring Australia next year with my favorite Springsteen song of all time.
Damn, this man can write the hell out of a song.
Frontier Touring are the ones responsible for bring The Boss back to Australia, check their websites for dates, hurry though, tix went on sale this morning.
Drop Dead Clothing has just released their Winter 2012 range. Here are my picks:
Images taken from iheartdropdead.com
Have you ever heard of the 80/20 rule?
If not, a quick (and fashion related) description is: you only wear 20% of your clothes 80% of the time (and vice-versa) , the 80/20 rule is said to apply across all areas of your existence, but thinking specifically of my wardrobe I can honestly say it is spot on.
And even more spot on when I apply it to my shoe closet.
There are three pieces of footwear that I wear the majority of the week – and currently all four pairs are dying. Yet, when I go to seek replacements for them I get distracted by all the awesome heels/boots, which I honestly wear only every now and again, and thus I add to the collection I only wear 20% of the time, instead of taking care of the other 80%.
So the three shoes I spend the majority of my time in are as follows:
1. My Work Shoes; these are the black Sketchers in the middle – I think these were bought for me and they started life as what I call my “going shopping with my mother” shoes (because she makes me literally walk miles) but they also became my predominant work shoes when I gave up wearing heels to the office (I run around far to much and was destroying heels & soles at a ridiculous rate).
2. My Combat Boots; originally an impulse buy from Betts, the style was ‘Warlock’ – I bought them along with a couple of other pairs of heels and immediately started wearing them with everything. These are my arse-kicking boots, excellent for getting around muddy car show paddocks or holding my ground in mosh pits! Unfortunately I killed them at Soundwave this year, destroying the sole in under 18 months 😦
3. My Ugg Boots; I have always owned up to my bogan roots and these are my proof, these boots I have seriously had for over twelve years! I have no idea what brand or where I even got them, I do know they cost over $100 bucks though. Now they are smelly and dirty, but I continue to wear them almost every night (I don’t go get my groceries in them however, they are strictly for home use only, I’m not that much of a bogan)
They are a pretty sad looking bunch aren’t they? Each pair needs replacing and yet there are so many, much more stunning, pieces of footwear that I want in my life that makes me continue to flog this pathetic little bunch to death.
But I pledge to make a mends! Check out these for replacements – oh, and if someone wants to buy them for me for Xmas that’d be great too 😉
For new combat boots I can’t go past these Ash ‘Trash’ Biker Boots and all their studded awesomeness:
When it comes to new Uggs it’s a toss up between two very cool options – Ironfist or Syc Fuk:
and for work shoes?? I have no idea!! I need some that are ‘corporate acceptable’ but still rock – if anyone has any suggestions – send ’em through lol. D
My inspiration board can be found at dastardlyrocks.tumblr.com – right now I’m lusting over Acid Wash Jeans, Cut Out Shirts, Velvet Trousers, Combat Boots and of course, anything with Studs on it.